VidBlaster  
Go Back   VidBlaster > VidBlaster - Licensed > Installation

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 2012, 16:59
Banned

Default Trial Version AGAIN!!!

I am so frustrated. I tried to change the icon size on my vidblaster.......and the next time I booted.....I am back to the trial version. I understand that this is the heathkit of video switchers but at least heathkit kept working once you built it. This is rediculous! I have thousands of dollors in a machine that I spend most of my time on it trying to get it to work. And now this. Go beg the robot.....miss my gig waiting to see if the robot will grant me a pardon......did I read somewhere that we can sell our vidblaster licience? (even though it says you cant in the fyi) I have a thousand dollors in a Studio licience and have lost twice that trying to use it.
Whats the point? If it's already on a computer ....registered....to the hardware, system hard drive serial number....whatever, why now let us rest in piece and not be afraid because if we blow a graphics card up on location the gig is finished. No hope of slaping another one in and continuing on. I can't imagine putting a removable hard drive into the machine to record to........do I have to ask each time I insert a drive for another licience? I usually roll my eyes when people say what I am about to say but........THIS IS NOT FARE! WE ARE THE PEOPLE SUPPORTING THIS SOFTWARE.
Hey I got news if I want a pirated version of Vidblaster they are not hard to find or buy. I believe that we should be honest and forthright in our professional practices. Pay for our tools, and make living with them.
Tools are things that we can depend on day in and day out. You don't buy a plastic shovel. (even though they make them) You buy one with a good solid handle and re-inforced bowl.
This is a toy, and I want out......yea, I know, show disrespect and you are no longer part of the family.... dissapear from the forum, robot refuses to issue a licience, and you are.....out.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 17:16
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Mike

I'll forgive you your unprofessional behaviour and insults, even though they do hurt, as I can imagine your frustration, I would get extremely annoyed by this as well. However I see you have been activating beta versions lately. Do keep in mind that beta versions always can have bugs, if you are not someone that can handle this (which obviously you can't), then stick to release versions. A warning for this is given on this forum.

Normally an activation key will only "break" if you have changed several hardware components. However we recently discovered that due to a problem in the protection software, together with recent Windows upgrades, keys could break even without apparent cause. For the past two months we have been working very hard getting to the bottom of this and immediately introduced several fixes, the final being in v2.25.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 02:46
Banned

Mikel I have not downloded one beta. So the comment that you see that I have been downloading beta versions of your software is wrong. I am so frustrated with your software that I would'nt even try any of your beta. Realize that I am an Abobe beta tester, I am a certified Newtek Tricaster operater (the first in Viginia, USA). You are not talking to a newbie. I invested a thousand dollars into your company only to learn (from your email..... "we recently discovered that due to a problem in the "protection" software, together with recent Windows upgrades, keys could break even without apparent cause." and you have the nerve to call me less than professional? A simple apology and refund would be professional. Mike, if you want to grow beyond your Kingdom to grow you must make it easy for us to use your ware. It's so hard right now. You tell me that....... quote "if you are not someone that can handle this (which obviously you can't), then stick to release versions." I don't know where you get your information but I havn't down loaded a beta version.........ever.....how dare you! Mike.....I only use the release versions. And they don't work. Am I being less than professional? I am calling you out! Stand and "Deliver"!!! Don't release a version until it works. Is that to much to ask for?
And by the way.....Adobe's software does have its glitches and bugs,but in the 15 years that I have been using the ware......it stays registered... that is a basic.
Professional? really?
Old 15 Sep 2012, 07:56
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Mike

I'm sorry you feel this way Gary, and there's obviously no reasoning with you. So I've refunded your latest order and closed your forum account. Please note I wasn't lying: the log clearly says you have been using v2.18, at least on April 24 and 25 this year. If you are sure that wasn't you then someone has been using your name and your email address to activate your licence.

Topic closed.
Closed Thread